Friday, June 3, 2011

Finding my place in the blog world

Hi there.

Ive had several blogs entries in here over the past few months, but to be truthful, I feel pretty inept ( is that the right word???) at  blogging. I don't know where to focus my blogs. I don't want to spend all my time talking about my family, although I can talk for hours about each one of my kids and their unique and wonderful personalities and my hubby, well I could go blue in the face talking about him etc. But I don't think its right to share tooo much about your loved ones online, for a range of reasons I wont go into on here.
I don't feel I should write specifically about my work roles for fear of breaking confidentiality by accident.  I'm known for talking too much sometimes, and  I value my workplace and am proud of the work I do. I don't want to regret making comments  too close to my work place, for fear that I may unintentionally act or become "unprofessional" in my attitudes.I do love to talk about my profession as a nurse/midwife/educator, but it has its gorie aspects, and can turn the stomachs of those, less exposed to the world of medicine, and midwifery.
I could talk about my love of God, and my faith in his amazing grace and power. I could talk about his healing touch, and his capacity to bring about positive change in the lives of everyone who invites him into their world. I could talk about God alot but again, people don't like to be challenged about religious perspectives, and I find that when I talk about God to others, it gets under their skin and by the nature of God himself, people feel uncomfortable and convicted.   I care enough, not to want to make people feel uncomfortable, but we are  all human and sinful by nature, and in the presence of a perfect and peaceful God, that sinful state can become pretty daunting and unpleasant. I believe God loves us as we are, but  He also loves us too much to leave us that way, so he is willing us to change. Change for most people is frightening and off putting. But when you know He is for you and not against you, and you're willing to allow Him to have His way in your life, the changes He will help you make will be amazing and fulfiling. *anyway that's my feelings about Him. I could write all day, every day about God. My whole life is a process of  learning more about Him and about why he loves me.
I could write about learning, about studying and about being the student, the life long learner, the self directed, self initiating, self limiting learner. I have been studying one thing or another almost every year since I started kindergarten. Now, at 38, that means Ive done a lot of study! Somewhere in my young adult life, I realised I liked to learn things...be it formally or through a  more casual arrangement.
My latest studying endeavor is in lactation consultancy preparation. I am studying towards the international board of certified lactation consultants exam in July. I'm cramming everything I can learn about breastfeeding and lactation into my porous  little brain, hoping to retain at least some of what is put there so that I can pass the exam, and work privately as a consultant.
SO where do I find my fit in this eclectic and fascinating world of blogsters>? where do I focus my blog? I could focus on motherhood and breastfeeding, boobies and babies and fluff around the edges of my life and work and family. I could go totally abstract and randomly comments on the news or social media of the moment , but  I would probably bore the pants off you all.
I could try to be like my mum and make all  my writing poetry and rhyme, but that would take a huge amount of time, that I do not own.
So for the moment, Ill continue to dabble and dribble and hope that eventually Ill find the right space and place, and faceto present to you all. Hopefully Ill be able to contribute more meaningfully to peoples lives.  In the mean time, if you think I should write on a particular subject, please let me know. Ill be happy to give it a go.
Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment